Nurturing our relationship with you
Not every check-up is the same which is why we develop long term relationships in order to meet dental goals. We take your dental health personally and are committed to nurturing a patient clinician rapport that gives you peace of mind.
New Patient Welcoming
A new patient welcoming is our opportunity to introduce you to our practice, team and is the start of your journey to achieving your dental health. We pride ourselves in providing dental care to all our patients that meet our own high standards and gives you the peace of mind that we are looking after you. As part of this welcoming we will review your dental goals and discuss treatments to achieve these objectives.
A new patient welcoming includes the following:
- A thorough clinical examination
- X–rays for diagnosis
- 3D digital scan of your teeth
- Oral cancer screening
General Dentistry FAQs
What should I do if I have toothache?
Painkillers in the form of paracetamol and ibuprofen can be taken (if your medical history allows so) to relieve the pain temporarily until you can get an appointment with your dentist scheduled. Give us a ring and we will get you in ASAP.
How often should I see the dentist?
This depends on your dental disease risk. Your dentist will typically see you anything from 3months-1year. A dentist not only checks your teeth but will also carry out cancer screening.
When should I first bring my child to the dentist?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that a child go to the dentist by age 1 or within six months after the first tooth erupts. Baby teeth typically begin growing at around 6 months of age.
How can I prevent problems in my mouth like tooth decay?
There are three main ways to do this:
- Clean your teeth twice a day, and clean in between them with floss or tepe brushes once a day
- Have a good diet – it’s the frequency of sugars that cause a problem not the amount – so make sure not to snack in between meals and only drink water between meals.
- Fluoride – use a fluoride toothpaste to help prevent decay
Recent Dental News
- Tooth Autotransplantation – new trends and protocols at Fulham Road Dental
- Best Dental Practice in London
- Fulham Road Dental – The multi-disciplinary smile solution
- Why you should see the dentist and hygienist?
- Private Dentistry Awards Finalist: Best New Dental Practice in London – Fulham Road Dental