Dr Risha Patel BDS, MJDF, MClinDent, MEndo
Risha qualified from the Guy’s, Kings and St Thomas Dental Institute in 2012, completing her foundation training year in South East London. Following this she took the opportunity to work within a hospital environment, broadening her experience in the fields of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics. Alongside these appointments, she also completed her examinations to attain her Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF) of the Royal College of Surgeons (England).
Upon returning to General Dental Practice, she was accepted into the specialist training programme in Endodontics at King’s College London, where she qualified with distinction, completing research focused on the use of specialised imaging techniques and software in the management of endodontic problems.
Risha currently provides endodontic treatment of complex cases on a referral basis. She strives to provide consistent, high-quality endodontic treatment in a pain-free and comfortable environment and believes all patients should be involved in their own decision-making process. One of her strengths lies in the treatment of anxious patients, providing a variety of options to help patients manage treatment.
The remainder of her clinical time is spent teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate endodontic programmes at King’s College London. Her other active roles within the profession include Director of the South East and South West Division of the Faculty of General Dental Practice (FGDP) and British Dental Association Committee Member alongside publishing and presenting work nationally and internationally.
Outside of dentistry, Risha is a keen dancer, performing, competing and training in many disciplines from a young age. She is currently exploring the world of photography and enjoys using these newly developed skills when travelling.
- Specialist Consultation
- Root Canal Treatment
- Re-Root Canal treatments (including management of missed anatomy, calcified canals, perforation repairs, ledges, blocks, fractured files)
- Apical microsurgery
- Vital Pulp Therapy
- Pain diagnosis
- Management of cracked teeth
- Management of trauma
All treatment is completed with the use of an endodontic microscope and CBCT imaging where indicated
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), King’s College London, 2012
- Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF), Royal College of Surgeons, England, 2014
- Masters in Clinical Dentistry in Endodontics (MClinDent) (Distinction), King’s College London, 2019
- Membership in Endodontics (MEndo), Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2019
- Co-author of Amazon number one best seller ‘Medinterview’
- Founding ‘Wishes Upon Wings’ to help women support women during lockdown
- BDS Qualification and nomination for the Maurice Wohl GDP Prize 2012
- Specialist Clinical Teacher and Lecturer at King’s College London 2019
- Mum to fur baby Pebbles, the sassiest cat in the world and my number one love!