Dr Kunal Patel MPaed Dent, PgCert Dent Ed, MJDF, BDS
Kunal graduated as a dental surgeon from the University of Bristol in 2011. He spent time as a general dental practitioner before undertaking several posts in leading teaching hospitals in London including Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, restorative dentistry, and paediatric dentistry.
Kunal has completed his clinical specialty training in Paediatric Dentistry at the Royal London Dental Hospital and Kent Community Dental Services, with rotations at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He was awarded the Tri-Collegiate Membership in Paediatric Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Kunal has a post-graduate certificate in Dental Education from the University of Bedfordshire and is an active honorary clinical lecturer at Queen Marys School of Medicine and Dentistry where he takes great pride in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as core trainees.
Kunal is experienced in treating children who have dental anxiety and is accredited in both inhalation and intravenous sedation by the Intercollegiate Advisory Committee for Sedation in Dentistry. He aims to provide holistic approach to every child’s dental treatment and he accepts referrals for traumatic dental injuries, white fillings, stainless steel crowns, behaviour management, immature root canal treatment, management of the development and dental anomalies, treatment of dental decay and dental extractions.
Kunal is a member of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry and the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry where he currently sits on the South East branch committee. Kunal has published articles for both Dental Update and the Journal of Dentistry and regularly presents nationally and internationally on subjects relating to paediatric dentistry.
In his downtime Kunal enjoys skiing, hiking and travelling.
- Traumatic Dental Injuries
- White Fillings
- Stainless Steel Crowns
- Behaviour Management
- Immature Root Canal Treatment
- Management Of The Development And Dental Anomalies
- Treatment Of Dental Decay And Dental Extractions
- Tri-collegiate Membership in Paediatric Dentistry (MPaed Dent)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Dental Education (PgCert Dent Ed)
- Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Committee member, British Society of Paediatric Dentistry SE Branch
- Hospital study day competition prize, British Dental Association
- Pre-CCST Clinical Case Prize, British Society of Paediatric Dentistry SE Branch
- Teamwork makes the dream work, Paediatric Dentistry, Dental Hospital Award
- Regularly presents nationally and internationally on subjects relating to paediatric dentistry